Day Trip 1D/1N (Maras-Moray-Salineras)
Day Trip 1D/1N (Maras-Moray-Salineras)
Price listed is the average base price per person based on a group of 2 people, double occupancy. Price varies based on length, class of transportation / accommodations, travel dates, and group size. Please contact us for a personalized quote.
CULTURAL & HISTORICAL DAY TRIPS
A relaxing alternative to the rushed, 20-cities-in-20-days tours where you get on-the-bus-then-off-the-bus, our Day Trips are designed to delve into what the local people are like, how they live, what they eat, and the stories they tell. They are a true immersion in authentic local customs, language, and history.
Our Day Trips are rewarding, off-the-beaten-path experiences designed with inquiring, considerate, compassionate people in mind. Your set of experiences is customized and private, so you can see what you want to see, go where you want to go, and do what you want to do.
We believe that when our guests see breathtaking landscapes with their own eyes, participate directly in local traditions, and integrate with local individuals, they are touched in a profound way that transforms perspectives forever. When they take this experience home, they not only have amazing experiences to share with friends and loved ones, but they also take a piece of that culture and natural beauty back home with them, becoming a potent force for the conservation of the places they visited.
• Stroll through the quaint town of Maras with its stone facades and bas-relief sculptures.
• Observe the amazing agricultural terraces and irrigation system of Moray’s agricultural laboratory which allowed the Incas to create "micro-climates to cultivate a variety of crops. Travelers visiting on August 1st of each year can observe the “Pago a la Tierra” (Rites of Spring) planting festival, a ceremony paying homage to Mother Earth and inviting her blessings for the upcoming spring planting season.
• Visit the natural salt mines of Salineras and take home some pure mountain salt.
• Private van transport to all sites.
• Horseback option available.
• Hotel in Sacred Valley or Cusco.
• 2.5 miles / 4 km – 2 hours.
|Number of Passengers||Tour Only (No Hotel)||Homestay||Standard 3/4-Star Hotel||Deluxe 5-Star Hotel|
7+ Passengers - Please contact us for special group pricing.
All prices are USD. Price listed is the price per person based on double occupancy by non-Peruvians in standard accommodations. Pricing and product availability are subject to change without notice until purchased. Please Request a Reservation for exact pricing and to determine departure date availability.
Want to upgrade your accommodations? Have your own vision? Not sure what you want? Customize your journey! We can tailor the entire trip length, the accommodations, and the transportation to match your interests, budget, and trip dates. Just click "Request Reservation" and tell us what you're thinking or email us to set up a free consultation with one of our adventure specialists.
Please read our Terms and Conditions which explains our Payment and Cancellation Policies.
•Duration: 1 day / 1 night
•Surface: stone-carved stairs
•Activity level: Level 1 – Easy
•Total distance on foot: 1-3 miles / 2-5 km per day
•Average daily walking time: 1-2 hours intermittent
•Departures: 7:00 am pick up at hotel (can be modified for private tours)
•Altitude: 8,829 - 11,800 ft / 2,700 - 3,600 m
•Availability: Daily, year-round
◦Nov & Mar: fair
•Accommodations: 1 night for each trip 3-4 star (standard) or 5-star hotels (deluxe)
•Meals: Not included
•Weather: Warm days, cold nights
• Travel insurance.
• Entry to Cusco archaeological complexes.
• Private transportation.
• Private English/Spanish/Quechua bilingual professional guides (other languages may be available with advance request).
• International or domestic airfare.
• Meals not specified in the itinerary.
• Visa fees (if any) or taxes.
• Tips for personnel: guide, etc.
• Extra services (spa, laundry, etc), personal items, or additional tours not listed in the program itinerary.
• Local taxes (18% IGV) on all services applicable to Peruvians, foreign residents in Peru, and tourists traveling in Peru for 60+ days.
• In the Andes the split between dry and wet seasons is acute. The dry season runs from April to October (the best time for hiking); the rainy season goes from November through March. Temperatures can vary significantly, from about 50-82ºF (10-28º C) in the day to 32-50ºF (0-10ºC) at night, depending more on the altitude than the time of year.
• LAN and its partners are the only international airlines to offer flights to Cusco. If you need help booking domestic flights in Peru, let us know via email or in your Request Reservation form.
• Many international flights arrive at Lima airport in the late evening, while flights to Cusco and other domestic airports leave from 6 to 11 am. If you have a long layover and would like to add a hotel (onsite at the airport) to your package, please let us know.
• Read about What to Bring on your trip.