Day Trip 1D/1N (Cusco City Historical Tour)
Day Trip 1D/1N (Cusco City Historical Tour)
Price listed is the average base price per person based on a group of 2 people, double occupancy. Price varies based on length, class of transportation / accommodations, travel dates, and group size. Please contact us for a personalized quote.
CULTURAL & HISTORICAL DAY TRIPS
A relaxing alternative to the rushed, 20-cities-in-20-days tours where you get on-the-bus-then-off-the-bus, our Day Trips are designed to delve into what the local people are like, how they live, what they eat, and the stories they tell. They are a true immersion in authentic local customs, language, and history.
Our Day Trips are rewarding, off-the-beaten-path experiences designed with inquiring, considerate, compassionate people in mind. Typical drive time is 30-90 minutes each way from the main plaza in Cusco with private transportation provided. Your set of experiences is customized and private, so you can see what you want to see, go where you want to go, and do what you want to do.
We believe that when our guests see breathtaking landscapes with their own eyes, participate directly in local traditions, and integrate with local individuals, they are touched in a profound way that transforms perspectives forever. When they take this experience home, they not only have amazing experiences to share with friends and loved ones, but they also take a piece of that culture and natural beauty back home with them, becoming a potent force for the conservation of the places they visited.
CUSCO CITY HISTORICAL TOUR
• Includes Q’enqo, Tambo Machay, Puca Pucara, Templo de la Luna, Saqsayhuaman, cathedral, and Q’oricancha. You can go at your own pace and see as many of these sites as you have energy for.
• Visit the 2 most important Incan sites: the remarkable Q'oricancha "temple of the sun" whose walls were originally overlaid with gold and which housed the Inca's celestial observatory and administrative hub; and Sacsayhuaman ("satisfied falcon") constructed with immense boulders.
• Be astounded by the immense boulders used to build Sacsayhuaman ("satisfied falcon").
• Work the jet-lag out of your legs with a short hiking and/or horseback guided tour (optional). Be impressed by the Incan trilogy rock carvings of Q'enqo and the guard post of Puca Pucara, thought to be the control checkpoint for one of the Inca trails leading into the city; be amazed by Tambomachay's stone aqueducts and fountains.
• Visit the colonial Spanish Cathedral of the 1500s looking onto the town plaza; count the angles on the “Hatun Rumiyoc” the famous 12-angle keystone in the Inka Wall.
• Horseback option available for Tambo Machay, Puca Pucara, and Templo de la Luna.
• Via private van or walking tour.
• Hotel in Cusco.
• 1-2 miles / 2-5 km – 1-2 hours intermittent walking for car and horseback tours.
• 3-5 miles / 5-8 km – 3-4 hours for walking tours.
|Number of Passengers||Tour Only (No Hotel)||Homestay||Standard 3/4-Star Hotel||Deluxe 5-Star Hotel|
7+ Passengers - Please contact us for special group pricing.
All prices are USD. Price listed is the price per person based on double occupancy by non-Peruvians in standard accommodations. Pricing and product availability are subject to change without notice until purchased. Please Request a Reservation for exact pricing and to determine departure date availability.
•Duration: 1 day / 1 night
•Surface: stone-carved stairs
•Activity level: Level 1 – Easy
•Total distance on foot: 1-3 miles / 2-5 km per day
•Average daily walking time: 1-2 hours intermittent
•Departures: 7:00 am pick up at hotel (can be modified for private tours)
•Altitude: 8,829 - 11,800 ft / 2,700 - 3,600 m
•Availability: Daily, year-round
◦Nov & Mar: fair
•Accommodations: 1 night for each trip 3-4 star (standard) or 5-star hotels (deluxe)
•Meals: Not included
•Weather: Warm days, cold nights
• Travel insurance.
• Entry to Cusco archaeological complexes.
• Private transportation.
• Private English/Spanish/Quechua bilingual professional guides (other languages may be available with advance request).
• International or domestic airfare.
• Meals not specified in the itinerary.
• Visa fees (if any) or taxes.
• Tips for personnel: guide, etc.
• Extra services (spa, laundry, etc), personal items, or additional tours not listed in the program itinerary.
• Local taxes (18% IGV) on all services applicable to Peruvians, foreign residents in Peru, and tourists traveling in Peru for 60+ days.
• In the Andes the split between dry and wet seasons is acute. The dry season runs from April to October (the best time for hiking); the rainy season goes from November through March. Temperatures can vary significantly, from about 50-82ºF (10-28º C) in the day to 32-50ºF (0-10ºC) at night, depending more on the altitude than the time of year.
• LAN and its partners are the only international airlines to offer flights to Cusco. If you need help booking domestic flights in Peru, let us know via email or in your Request Reservation form.
• Many international flights arrive at Lima airport in the late evening, while flights to Cusco and other domestic airports leave from 6 to 11 am. If you have a long layover and would like to add a hotel (onsite at the airport) to your package, please let us know.
• Read about What to Bring on your trip.
Want to upgrade your accommodations? Have your own vision? Not sure what you want? Customize your journey! We can tailor the entire trip length, the accommodations, and the transportation to match your interests, budget, and trip dates. Just click "Request Reservation" and tell us what you're thinking or email us to set up a free consultation with one of our adventure specialists.
Please read our Terms and Conditions which explains our Payment and Cancellation Policies.